Water Cooled Break Discs for Draw-Works
WCB elements are disc-type, externally cooled units. They are designed to absorb and dissipate the thermal loads associated with the most severe clutch and brake applications. The WCB friction couple was developed specifically for continuous slip service and has a dynamic coefficient of friction that is greater than its static coefficient of friction.
- External water cooled disk type brake
- Ability to dissipate extremely high thermal loads
- Improved internal design and increased water flow
- Patented piston design provides wider range of applied tension with greater control.
- Drop in powerhead package
- Split wear spacers allow for wear adjustment without disassembly of the brake to minimize downtime and maintenance costs
- Specially formulated friction material, interfacing with a copper alloy surface, eliminates the stick-slip characteristic associated with ordinary frictional devices
- Rapid heat dissipation
- Optional corrosion protection for marine environment applications
- Typical Applications: Drilling rigs, Dynamometers, Logging equipment, Marine mooring systems, Slip clutches, Tension brakes, Unwind stands