HIGH SPEED STEEL (HSS)
General use conventional cut-off blade for ferrous and non -ferrous metals, also suitable for specific plastics. For the best performance from HSS blades use a high quality coolant.
- Diameter: 100mm to 500mm (4 to 20 inches)
- Thickness: 1mm to 4mm (0.04 to 0.16 inches)
- Available with standard pin hole arrangements or unislots
- Standard material is M2 Super High Speed Steel
- Special saws are manufactured from M35 Cobalt Steel for cutting high alloy steels.
- Standard Finish is steam treated oxide
- Reduces friction and metal adhesion
- Resistance to wear
- Widely used for low frictional properties enable faster cutting speeds:
- Titanium Nitride (TiN) recommended for mild steel, medium hard steel, hard steel and stainless steels (Gold Colour)
- Titanium Aluminium Nitride (TiAlN) recommended for stainless steel, Ni based alloys, refractory stainless, titanium and cast iron. (Bronze Colour)
- Also available although used to a lesser extent are:
- Titanium Carbon Nitride (TiCN) recommended for mould steel and hard steel 140kg/mm² (Violet Colour)
- Hard Chrome recommended for stainless steel, refractory stainless, brass, copper, aluminium and Al alloys. (Silver Grey Colour)